International employment solicitors
If your employment involves working overseas, you need employment solicitors with the expertise to advise you in litigation and negotiations. We're founding members of the Lawyers International Network for Employees and Executives (LINEE).
Employment law solicitors
Slater and Gordon's specialist team of employment lawyers have the experience and approach you need. Call us now on 0330 041 5869 or contact us and we'll call you.
Talk to an employment law expert todayContact us
Where can I find an international employment lawyer?
While increasing globalisation provides employees and executives with a wide world of career opportunities, it can also lead to complexity and confusion when employment contract issues arise.
Employment contract laws vary significantly from one jurisdiction to another, meaning that the perfectly reasonable contract you signed in the UK may not protect you if, for example, the company's shareholder agreements are subject to the laws of another country.
Disputes can and do arise out of cross-border contractual issues like this, and when they do, you need specialist legal help. Slater and Gordon is a founding member of the Lawyers International Network for Employees and Executives (LINEE). As such we specialise in acting for individuals in these matters, giving you the confidence that we've the experience to act for you in disputes with any international organisation. If you're having contractual or employment issues with regard to your overseas employment, call us on 0330 041 5869 or contact us and we'll call you.
What sort of international employment issues do we handle?
We regularly work on behalf of clients in numerous jurisdictions, dealing with the complexities that arise from having a UK contract while living and working elsewhere. Recent cases we've helped with include:
- Advising on and negotiating the departure of a senior executive at a global investment bank who was based in London but spent significant amounts of time in New York. Potential discrimination claims in both jurisdictions were considered in the context of this highly remunerated individual.
- Negotiating the severance package of a Dubai-based CEO where there were two agreements involved: one under Dubai law and one under the law of England & Wales.
- Advising on the return to work and redundancy in the UK of executives on secondment overseas.
- Advising on a bonus claim where our client was based in Sweden but had a contract governed by UK law and jurisdiction.
- Advising on potential sex discrimination claims for a senior executive at a multinational company based in Dubai.
In all of these cases, we were able to leverage the knowledge and abilities of partner firms in other countries, in order to seek the best outcome in the most favourable jurisdiction for our clients. Wherever in the world you work, if there is a UK element to your employment contract, we're here to help and advise you with issues including:
- Breach of contract
- Wrongful dismissal: with and without notice periods and payments
- Shares, pensions and carry arrangements
- Post-termination restrictive covenants and non-competes
- Team moves
- Redundancy payments
To speak with an international employment lawyer about these and any other issues call us on 0330 041 5869 or contact us and we'll call you.
Employment law help and support contentEquality Act 2010 Paternity guide Protected characteristics Employment law FAQ Funding your employment law case Guide to employment law cases Redundancy advice Restrictive covenants explained What is whistleblowing? Working time regulations Working your notice period How to deal with colleague grievances Maternity leave and work bonus Disciplinary action explained Guide to holiday rights Can my employer dictate my holidays? Difference between contractual and statutory employment rights
Meet the employment law experts
Our employment team have an excellent reputation and are highly recognised as specialist by the leading independent legal directories.
I would 100% recommend Slater and Gordon if you need any help in employment law. They offer an incredible service. H L (employment case)
The Manchester Office has been very professional, helpful and prompt when dealing with a settlement agreement regarding my voluntary redundancy. I would have no hesitation in recommending Slater and Gordon for any employment law issue. D M (employment case)
I am very happy with the service provided which was professional, quick and efficient. I would certainly recommend Slater and Gordon Lawyers should any chance arise. Huge thank you! V K (employment case)